Wednesday, May 14, 2008

the salad days

I just saw this link and had to share. Anybody who was into bmx knew what these were. If you didn't have them when they were hot, you would have given a sibling's right arm for a pair. A set of Tuff 2s back in the day were all you needed to think you would make the landing off that ridiculous contraption of a ramp or dirt jump. I had no idea you could still get these! If memory serves, a pair of the purple Tuff 2s that used to be on my friend Dan's bike, should be in my mom's shed along with my ACS Stoker hubs laced to blue Z rims. 
I clearly remember when I got my Z rims for Xmas, I wanted those wheels more than anything that year. I never actually owned Tuff2 wheels. By the time I was worthy of nicer bike parts like Tuffs, laced rims were taking over. I remember the owner of Wheel Power bike shop, who rocked a sweet cop like stache, built my wheels.
Since we are on the subject, check this guys photo collection. The laid back seat posts and gyros sure bring back memories. I never had the same intense color coordination as shown here but I loved my bike.
Steel frames and 1 gear, some things never change.

No comments: