Wednesday, May 21, 2008

fruita may 08



The weather made a dramatic switch last weekend, sun and upper 80's! J and I were lucky enough to slip out of town from sat-mon and the western CO trails did not disappoint. 

We started with a Saturday afternoon and evening ride into the sunset. The weather was so incredible that we ended up sitting in the chairs in the parking lot and enjoying a beer under the full moon after riding the flowing singletrack under the same moon's pale light. 


The past two trips to Fruita have been the best since I have been going out there. We have had great weather and I have had great company both trips! It would be really nice to rally there next fall with a small group of people. The whole area was just made for SS riding and I think the only time I have ridden gears in Fruita was the first time. I honestly do not remember that trip but I do remember that I was hit head on by a drunk driver on 93 while driving home. 

Sunday was Loma side during the day and road 18 again that evening. Here is a nice shot from the middle of the U on the Handcuffs trail I believe off of Steve's loop. In my Flickr pics, I got a good shot of this trail from above if I am not mistaken


The scenery was beyond words.


Paying homage 


We retraced our steps the following day for a second serving of Loma side. Mary's loop, Lions loop, and Troy Built. It got hot this day and as the temps were rising, my seatpost kept falling. Something was going on and my seat would drop a centimeter or so every few miles. I am hoping this issue has been corrected. I took Ryan's advice and pulled out the post and cleaned everything out. I re-greased with some gritty carbon aluminum specific grease. I also cleaned the clamp bolt and lightly greased it with some Phil Wood grease. I am hoping this solves the issue.

These guys hang around on Troy Built loop, pretty cool


Another enjoyable yet short mtb trip in the books. Things are warming up and snow is melting up high. Trail options are increasing daily and the garden is showing signs of early production. Summer is just around the switchback.

Here is a link to some pics of the trip on flickr until next time ws

3 comments:

jessica moon bernstein said...

Hmmm seems that Tim sports the same sock style as CM in the switchback photo.

Wskee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wskee said...

this is true, tim has been rolling no cuffs since i can remember.