Tuesday, August 12, 2008

two fer tuesday

The 26in geared IF sold in about two hrs on craigslist yesterday. Good thing because as soon as I had put it up for sale I started thinking again about making it a 96er SS or a 650b or something else. It's going into good hands at least but shall be missed none the less.

At this point, most have no doubt read or checked out the entertaining Bike Snob NYC blog and read his frequently comical, yet highly critical posts. I personally enjoy his blog from time to time and have been amused at the current shadow boxing between him and the Opinionated Cyclist, oh the wasted time.

While commuting around town the past couple evenings, I have been enlightened as to just how quickly it gets dark. It seems we crested the peak of summer a while back but somehow rode right pass the sign. I am looking forward to some fall weather riding actually.

Don't click on this photo unless you want a graphic look at how this poor creature met his demise.


This guy did not make it across the bike path apparently. It had just happened and seemed a callous scene as the killer rode into the evening. We discussed a chalk outline but lacked the means. What, you didn't think we had rats here?

This was painted on the hood of a car I saw in the church parking lot we have to go through to get to the garden. I thought it was interesting.

While the big dogs prepare for such nasty epics as the Vapor125, I am trying to decide if I am up for the 12hrs of Snowmass. I plan on trying to hit a couple short events this month just to see how slow I really am but I would also like to try either the 12hrs of Snowmass or the ST8. I am also planning on the Double Boundary as well. That is a great event and if I can obtain a Garmin prior to the race, (and learn how to use it) I will be most happy. I think it is necessary to have it on this scandalous course but even some riders who had gps last year got lost. I ended up latching onto people who had Garmins after the field and friends quickly splintered into oblivion. Not a strategy I would have showed up with knowing what I know now but somehow it worked and I made it out with Lenny Goodell. I am excited for the 08 edition.

Have you seen the heavy metal monk who has been making the rounds? Pretty tight



Cheers

No comments: