Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Spilling cat food


Aside from a few rushing streams, the heavy rain and mountain snow from last weekend is already a distant memory. The rain was much needed (almost 3in here in two days) and the mtn snow in August was a rare treat. I was feeling a bit insane by Saturday though as I was on my 3rd day off the bike. I took a couple of rest days prior to the weekend so a 3rd day off after steady riding all summer, made for an anxious state at times. If I never see another olympic swimming event, I think I will be ok with that. It was one of those days.

Things broke Sunday and we walked down to the North Boulder Park Criterium since it is held 4 blocks from my house. We watched the pro women 1+2 and men masters 35+ before heading out on a ride of our own.



Mara Abbott showed up and breezed through the women's field to victory.



The chasers were served a healthy dose of pain.

Tuesday was a perfect day for a road ride so we headed up to Ward and enjoyed the wonderful weather on the way. Ward from Boulder is a classic road ride that offers about 4000ft of climbing before you reach the town at 9400ft. I love hitting peak to peak after this climb but time was tight so we turned around after we hit town.

The last mile or so before town is steep. Jessica on her way up the final pitch before the always welcome cold water source that runs 24/7.



A shot of whacko Ward from the moving bike with my cheap 4 megapixel 5 yr old pentax.



Toro the "never give up" pitbull and his brother Duc in the background. My 3 day dog and cat sitting party is coming to an end and the boys and I have had some fun times. That being said, I think I am content with my cat for now.

What about the BMX track at the Olympics or even BMX at the Olympics for that matter?!

Crested Butte this weekend

No comments: