Thursday, September 4, 2008

slacking



I have been a little slow to post lately but back on track. The foot has been much better and the rides are happening again. I am only experiencing discomfort out of the bike shoes now which is a good sign, depending on how you look at it. As we head into fall, I am excited to get in as many trips to the mountains as possible before the snow starts to fly. We skipped King of the Rockies last weekend due to my foot issues and decided that it is just too nice out to pay $45 each + gas and drive time to Breckenridge to do the last MSC event this Sunday, even though the masochist in me likes the long nasty climb in the first half of the course. There is just too much great riding here right now and this is the perfect time of year. Plus, homie CPM is heading out Oct 1st for 3 months so we need to get some rides in before he heads down to Costa for waves, Imperials, and tan euros.



A big thank you to Bob and Marilyn for an extra something on top of the already generous gift they gave me for watching the boys (pitbulls+1 kitty) while they were away. I have wanted a pair of UV arm protectors for a while and the Assos version is just top notch. I feel the spf 30 does little to protect the skin here in CO after many miles but my arms are now that much safer when the sun is beating down, thanks MK, BK, Duc, Toro, and Francis!



Hopefully we will be out exploring a few new trails I have been eyeing up and just putting down a big day in the mountains this weekend. There are those who will be in Salida to test the limits of their mental fortitude at the VP125. This event is really starting to pique my interest. I would need to break into my saving account to get the lights and extra batteries worthy of the 10pm start time, but maybe by next year I will be ready to attempt to complete this course. Best of luck and much respect to all who are heading out Saturday night at 10pm! I will raise my beer in your honor.


tree photo by jes

As all of you have heard, the SSWC will be in Durango next year. I don't care if I have to pretend I am the Turkish singlespeed champion to get an entry or finally apply for Italian citizenship, I am getting into this one. The 08 event in Napa looked like it was a fun time but I didn't get in due to my citizenship, location, and gender so I never even thought about making the trip after that. I understand it is impossible to make everyone happy but the way they handled the entry process last January was just rot, hopefully next year is better. All I know is I am in 09 like a whirling dervish, true dat.

cheers

1 comment:

jessica moon bernstein said...

ah shit those U-tube links on your post make me laugh