Sunday, September 21, 2008

"I am a patient boy..."

While Paulson and Bernanke are chomping at the bit to fire up the presses, I am still waiting on the IF to come home so I can ride some trails. The rest of the parts arrived Saturday from Formula so the brake rebuild will commence Monday and my wheels can once again glide through the hills of CO. I am a bit bored with road riding this time of year but you gotta do what you gotta do. The fixed commuter has been a welcome reprieve to formal road riding and I think I will be spinning to the garden this afternoon then head around town the long way. This is always a fun spin in the early spring or after a few Southern Sun pints.


If you didn't get the post title, sorry. I was lucky to be part of the crowd who saw Fugazi's first live show outside of DC which was played in our very own Charm City, it was killer! I have many fond memories from my teen years of seeing punk shows in b'more! Sure you can find a clip with better sound on youtube but this one captures the moment.

I may get one of these setups for when my 29er is down in the future.

I figure I can use the training wheel with the handle as a walker when I get old and need assistance.

Or, I could further simplify things by keeping one of these in the closet for bikeless times. Hard to believe you could dumb down the unicycle but there you have it.

Trying to solidify plans for next weekend. The snow is coming to the high country so we need to take advantage of everyday we can before the trails are covered for the year. We have been discussing possible NM rides, as well as a few others. See we shall.

ps:a new boulder county trail opens tomorrow. Picture Rock connects Heil and Hall Ranch which are not spectacular rides in themselves but it does give a nice option to create a long ride from town. I am hoping to ride from the house one day next week and complete the whole thing. Should be a great time!

No comments: