Monday, September 8, 2008

god is dead and lance is coming back

While contemplating the selection and mass quantity purchases at value stores like Costco, there are many who most certainly have missed this story. Scientists hope to recreate the big bang in a 17 mile long underground tunnel. Now,at the risk of being perceived Socratic, I will be the first to raise my hand when asked who in the room is not at all a scientist. That said, should we really be trying to create black holes? Switzerland may end up getting a one way ticket back to future. The findings will most likely be interesting if all goes as planned but I can not help but imagine what we could have done by investing $10 billion into energy solutions?

Most have heard Lance is rumored to come back for the 09' season to compete in a handful of races. Is he riding the coat tails of the excitement he experienced prepping for the leadville hundo or is he hungry like the wolf? I guess we will see if cycling is still "in his blood"or not. Wait, is that the name of Tyler's post cycling career autobiography?

We did a couple rides this past weekend. Saturday was a nice little singletrack excursion up in the mtns. We took Jessica's camera but I forgot to upload the shots so I have no pics at this time. We had a good time and we ended it on an old technical favorite. Sunday was a big 6hr day in the saddle up up up and down down down . I banged my knee and pedaled on some dirt road, it was sweet.

I will have a Garmin soon.

No comments: