Thursday, September 18, 2008

lament for DBT


Literally and sometimes in reverse order. That pretty much sums up the last two weeks.

Time is not on my side to make the DBT in Taos this Saturday. After last Sunday's crash, my brake was left inoperable when the handle ripped out of the actual handle body during the tumble. Still no parts from Formula and it's Thursday night. This pretty much means that DBT is going to be a no go for Saturday unless parts hit tomorrow morning. I am super bummed thinking about missing it but things happen and I suppose there is always the following weekend. The weather does look nice so hopefully everyone has a great time down there.


Today's harvest from the garden.

I am excited to see the bursting carrots, beets, arugula, and lettuce growing quickly from my late summer plantings. The broccoli has been interesting with the two varieties I planted being extremely different. One was more of a Rapini type variety that actually grew on one huge stalk and took up more room than it was worth. The quality was rather pleasant but the room it took compared to the yield has me thinking I may pass on it next season and stick to more traditional varieties, like the one pictured, and a more traditional rapini. Those Wink's New Mexican hot peppers (yellow ones) were quite a surprise and highly recommended. Pretty hot up front but the burn does not linger on the taste buds making them quite useful in many dishes. What does a half ass bike blog have to do with gardening you ask? Exactly

keep on truckin!

No comments: