Sunday, June 8, 2008

5 more days

Weather and work has had me on the pavement the past couple of days and I am ready for some trails. I begin the final push through the last week of work tomorrow and I am looking forward to a huge decompression and shift. I know this sabbatical will cut a new trail in my life but a little unknowing and a touch of uneasiness around not working has been tough to shake. At least I will have a settled schedule for a bit.

I am in the mood to throw out my phone and just disconnect, not that I am very connected in the first place. One thing is for sure, I need to spend some time getting ready for the firecracker 50. Actually, I need to register come to think of it. At least we signed up for the Laramie Enduro before it filled up. I am excited to race Laramie due to it's reputation as a well supported event and fast course. It should be interesting to race a fast 111k mountain bike course. By the time that race happens though, gas will be over $5 a gallon and we will have to ride our bikes to get there.

That makes my current fuel seem like a bargain.


Time to get one of these and park that car.

I have been meaning to link some animation from artist blu. Muto is his newest sensation and well worth watching. I like his simple animation pieces which seem to have a phoenix like theme. Not for the kids so much but uber creative.

enjoy the week. ws

1 comment:

jessica moon bernstein said...

Perhaps you'll be able to weld one of those cargo trailers.