Sunday, August 16, 2009

into august

BK and the boys invited me out for a great hike early last week while I was taking a few days off the bike.


Duc does his trail maintenance for the day.

Toro goes belly deep to cool off

It's great to be riding again. After a handful of days off the bike, the longest break since January, I feel like I have a muffin top. I got back into the swing of things last week with some road riding and ending this past weekend with some great mountain biking. We rode up in Ned today and rolled back to town via Gordon's Gulch to a hunt and peck series of trails and dirt roads. Getting back to town under your own power is the best and the weather could not have been better for the extra time needed to route find.


climbing up

MD state flower and the Niner

filling up for the ride home

crossing over to the trail

By the time I got to the stove, my hammer gel was perfectly done. Seriously though, who was the first person to start throwing old appliances deep in the forest?! lame

heaps of abandoned equip in those hills from the mining days

this guy paced Jessica out of the trail

section of the trail home

a great cloud

No the most epic trails for the entire ride but a great day to be on the bike exploring all afternoon and as I said, it's great to ride it to the front door.

No comments: