Friday, October 3, 2008

woe is us(a)

We are trying to bail out the Titanic with a coffee can. Sorry no interesting bike post this time but our economic problems are going to change our way of life for a long time and it keeps me up at night. Listen to Peter Schiff nail this thing in 2006, a must see.


Art Laffer needs a follow up interview. I guess economic models from the 60's will not always translate.

Peter Schiff last week

When will we learn


And everyone thought I was crazy touting my support for Ron Paul when he first threw his name in. He made short work of many in the republican debates, yet he gets no credit. Dr.Paul tells it like it is but unfortunately, americans need to have everything sugar coated.

Listen to Ron Paul question federal reserve chairman Bernanke, this one is good

One of the last true patriots left in congress


here is what he said on the floor about the bailout plan

I am not saying he would have been perfect as president but he would have been better than McSame or Obama given our current situation. I promise cycling only next time!

5 comments:

jessica moon bernstein said...

Well put together commentary, how long did it take to research you tube for the clips?

Wskee said...

not long at all actually. there is so much out there. there are several good ones out there on peter schiff, 12/06 there is one in particular where 5 people are disagreeing with him saying that 07' will be a break through year for the housing market everything is on the rise, its going to blow up...mba means nothing if you can't use it

whose firm would you rather have manage your money, Art Laffer's or Peter Schiff's?! I am going with europacific and the swiss franc. the rest of those clowns are listening to him too now, they just won't admit it.

Ed said...

What a mess.

I might vote for Ron Paul but then that gives McCain one less vote to worry about...what a loser he ended up being. I used to like him.

Ed

Wskee said...

I hear you Ed, I wish one of the nominees would have given me (americans) something to get excited about and proud to support.

This part of the election process is just so difficult to swallow. All the finger pointing and negativity are such a downer and just compound the stress of the current economic issues.

We are all along for the ride now...ws

Anonymous said...

Bill... guess who... give up yet...

Erik Griffin here brother... long long time since I've seen you my friend and I hope all is well. Miss ya bro! Drop me a line sometime. My cell is 4438716529. and e-mail is erik.griffin@comcast.net

Glad to see you are still quite active in the biking scene. Stay sane bro!