Tuesday, September 8, 2009

summer fades away

August has come and gone. It was a bit of a scratch month when it came to consistent long rides. I crashed hard in the 1st week of Aug after a week of mellow recovery riding and then crashed again on the trail a couple weeks later putting the hurt on my already sore shoulder and knee which sucked the motivation out of me.

Regardless, I still managed to get out and enjoy what had to be the mildest August I can remember.

New pine cones at the top of an old favorite resting spot.

1/2 hr after my crash. Older abrasions below new ones

the giant sunflowers are full blown. a couple have started to lose the flowers and are revealing their seeds. I doubt the birds will save us any but they are fun to grow

The moon on my way home last Thurs after a little ride that takes one all over hells half acre. Not hellish in terms of scenery but the climbs are the steepest around. I had to cut the end out due to darkness but there was still plenty of climbing on this one. The first section after this photo had me going 50mph. Things got weird 10 mins into the descent when I rounded a corner and almost found myself strewn across the road at high speed due to a rat bastard deer. It would have made a great POV youtube video.

Sunday at Buffalo Creek. We headed down for the 2nd time this season to get a change of scenery. The rocks are incredible down in this area but I don't have a single photo of them.

I did take a photo of the IF replacement I finally built up. I did not have to buy one thing, everything transferred over from the Niner and I had a used seatpost that fit. I only have two rides on it but I can say it handles well, actually quick but not too quick. I am thinking it may be less stable on the long high speed tech descents but you cant have everything and eventually I hope to get James at Blacksheep to build me a frame. He really does a great job and I like the fact that James will work with you to make your frame exactly what you want. If I had the money, I admit I would be very tempted to call the man, Kent Eriksen for what has to be one of the best ti frames currently being built. I really admire his work as well, top notch.

this smelled like caramel

Double rainbow at the end of the ride

somebody wanted to ride a 29er

Living off the land, yesterday's harvest. The rat as they are affectionately known among growers, is a very tasty fingerling and this is just 1/4 of one row so very productive as well.

1 comment:

Tim Wise said...

NICE! That frame looks sweet built up. Everyone should be on a 29er.