Monday, July 13, 2009

it's here

The garden is hitting it's stride, the trails are dusty, Sammy cat is struggling to stay cool, and the tour is on. This can only mean one thing, summer is in full swing! Not much time to post lately but staying busy and riding when I can.

As far as Le Tour goes, it is going to get interesting. Hopefully it is not a shut out but it seems like more and more riders in the peloton are calling the L.A. card. Personally, I am a Contador fan and he is my GC pick on my fantasy team. Like Hemingway's bullfighter in the Sun Also Rises, he has a graceful and smooth style that is a joy to watch. I like Kloden as well but he will be working for the team this year. The press is continuously watering the tension that they claim exists between Lance and Alberto in hopes of seeing a Hinault/Lemond replay sprout up but I think they are both above that. Who knows though, you can never underestimate the ego when it comes to cycling, that is the one thing you can count on. The Alps are a whole different ball game.

I will brag on my fantasy tour team that came in 35th on Saturday out of what 50,000 teams?! Too bad I had 3 of the top 4 finishers on my team for the stage and 4 in the top 10 but not the winner. Forgetting to change my lineup after the TTT leaving the winner of stage 5, Veockler, on my bench did not help my overall standings either. Oh well, I am still having fun with it.

Did a little tour stage of my own on Saturday. I love this view of Sawtooth, one of my favorite peaks.

Jessica and I hit Summit County on Sunday and rode some great trails. No camera that day but the trails are epic on the other side of the tunnel right now. Everything over here is slipping into summer conditions so we are trying to get out of town as much as possible to mix things up.

Stay tuned for more timely posts and possible road trip in the near future!

No comments: