Monday, May 25, 2009

"sweep the leg"

A 3 day weekend in the books. I was bummed that I did not get into the Growler but there is always next year, hopefully it went well for everyone in attendance. I doubt I would have made much of a showing but the course looks fun and I have never ridden there so it is officially on the list.

Despite the moisture, there was riding to be had this weekend as long as you were ok with getting a little damp and perhaps even down right violated by rain and hail. The last 4 day's rides all saw rain at some point but I would not give one ride back for anything...well maybe the attempt to bridge the gap to Shawn's house while in the sights of the nastiest storm of the week after 3 hrs at the Avery Tap Room wasn't the best idea but in the words of the Butthole Surfers, It's better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't done. I played follow the leader and got served by the Cobra Kai of storms. Next time I lead and I care not who follows.

I put my Gore Bike Wear jacket to use this weekend and it's 75% off price tag has already paid me back in full as far as I am concerned.

I didn't pull the camera out much but maybe this week will prove more visual. If you are starving for some good photography, head to the Reed Photo Art gallery in Denver to see Matt Propert's show. I met Matt last winter and really like his work. He's a low key guy for sure and a talented one at that. He does not use photoshop which I find interesting in this day and age.

green trails lie ahead

No comments: