Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rain on tap

If it rains anymore, I will need one of these.

The weekend came and went as usual and like the last 5, it precipitated quite a bit. One good thing about the weather was that heaps of work has been done at the garden due to less bike time. We even double dug a serious potato area which I am excited about. I am a little behind but this next week will prove quite productive with everything prepped and ready to go. I have a great selection this year and can't wait to see it in motion.

Not all was peachy this weekend though. One thing that really caught us off guard was the Growler registration. We are now on some hail mary waiting list in case registered racers back out...weak sauce indeed but who knows, we may make it yet.

With peanut butter laden trails offering nothing after almost 3 days of rain. We hit the road for a spin today.

This stream usually is nothing more than a slow shallow tributary to the St Vrain.

The trees decided not to wait for the sun and have started to do their thing.

Doesn't everyone walk their lama and their dog at the same time? Had to shoot from the hip on that one so sorry if it is blurred.
Happy Monday to you all!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Thanks for the well wishes, amigo - much appreciated! Things will improve and time will pass - no worries right now and I'm being optimistic as best i can.

I was hoping to finally meet you guys, but perhaps next time my back will cooperate. ;-)

Wskee said...

Your'e healthy Matt so I am sure you will heal quickly but I bet it has been an adjustment having the brakes put on the riding schedule so suddenly.

At least you sound upbeat and thats half the battle. I am sure we will cross paths this summer at some point. Heal well and I look forward to reading the positive updates!!