Thursday, March 18, 2010

Itching for some dirt

It seems mother nature has decided to use the last day of winter to give us a nice snow storm and our mtns can certainly use the snow pack. The last few days sure were enjoyable though and at least I was able to sneak in one last SS ride up high today before the storm hit but alas, no ride photos.

I did take a couple shots at the garden this evening though.

the garlic is showing some green

wintered over spinach, arugula, and cilantro

I'm a bit behind down there but I am getting geared up for a full on rally in the dirt next week so get ready for some future garden shots. I have a few cool varieties on deck that will be new to me and many of them are heirloom seeds sourced from Abbondanza Farm so they will be prepared for the Colorado growing season.

fingers are crossed for some out of town trail next week...


even though this 1938 faux hawk should be considered very cutting edge, the real subject is the rider on the left, Gino Bartali.