Saturday, February 20, 2010

GET INVOLVED!

I was up at the Black Sheep workshop last month chatting with James about the ummm... weather, when he began mentioning some of the projects they have been working on for NAHBS. Here is the latest creation he built for Jake K. Super cool features some of which I may have beneath me for 2010 if all goes well. James is a super cool intelligent builder who builds CUSTOM bikes for the trails and style of each individual rider. Check the bar, seatpost, and tensioning design. I started looking at and chatting about this tensioning system with James a couple yrs ago, now I'm giving it a go.

BS even takes it to the track, err street, with vuelovelo. I'm unsure what the deal is but looks like they are in OZ. Not sure what I think about the winter hat and hot pants but sweet lines on the frame(s:) none the less. The track in their video looks incredible. Oh, and don't get all worked up fellas, most of the people at the track here are old slow guys like me, not 20 something fitness queens modeling on a bike.

Aside from dreaming of a biathlon where skis are replaced with bikes, the snowy weather always motivates me to cook some warm comforting food. I figured I would share a couple favorite recipes that we make around here regularly.

Although we have only prepared this twice since stumbling upon the recipe last fall, I find the finished meal to be very satisfying. We prepare it with rigatoni, a bit more kale, and a couple minor modifications but essentially the same.

Here is a great broccoli soup recipe that I have been enjoying for years. We use closer to 2lbs of broccoli including peeled stalks, an extra cup of water, and use portabellos or crimini mushrooms for a richer flavor. I like to serve it with finely grated parmigiano-reggiano on top. This soup will surprise you in a good way!

If you are looking for something to do this weekend, come up to Eldora for the DOJOE uphill downhill annual charity ski race. This is always a blast and best costume wins a set of skis. We have a pile of great prizes here waiting for a home. The raffle and after party with music and beer are always a blast. All proceeds go to the CAIC!!!

No comments: